In today’s world we are all so busy that we seek out ways to ease our ever day burdens, buying online prescriptions drugs is a convenient way to save us time and money. But, there are dangers involved in ordering online prescription drugs.
What are the dangers in buying online prescription drugs?
The medication that you are now taking may not interact with the ones you are ordering and if the pharmacy does not know what you are taking then this could be a fatal mistake.
The dosage could not be correct for you, which if not given enough would do you no good and if too much is given it could be fatal.
How to be safe buying online prescription drugs
When you are checking out an online pharmacy be sure that their physical address and telephone number is posted clearly on their website.
Do not fall for “We have the miracle cure all drug.”
Be sure a registered pharmacist is available for questions concerning your prescription.
The FDA has guidelines that can also help you feel safe in ordering online prescription drugs:
* A great place to find out if a pharmacy is licensed is the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (nabp.net).
* Do not use a pharmacy that does not have a registered pharmacist online for you to talk to concerning any questions you may have.
* Do not use a website that does not have an actual address and telephone posted in clear site.
* Be sure to read and understand their security and privacy rules. Do not give out any personal information until you are sure they keep these records confidential. (Some companies on the internet do share information with advertising companies and other parties)
* At this time it is still illegal to import drugs into the United States, so be sure that you are buying from a United States located pharmacy.
* If they claim to have a miracle cure all, avoid them.
* If the language on the website is medical and sounds very technical in nature be sure that it really means something, not just a bunch of terminology to confuse you.
* And above talk with you doctor before taking a drug of any type for the first time.
Some pharmacies only have a license to sell drugs in the state in which they operate while others have license to sell to clients in other states. Be sure that the online pharmacy you choose can sell the drugs to you legally.
Let’s look at some of the advantages of buying online prescription drugs.
* Buying online prescription drugs will save you a trip to your drugstore.
* You could save money, not only in the price of the prescription but the gas you saved by not leaving home.
* Buying from a Canadian pharmacy will in fact be a lot cheaper. (This practice is not legal at this time in the U.S.
* You can find safe pharmacies to buy online prescription drugs.
* It is more private to order your medication from your home.
Let’s now look at some of the disadvantages of buying online prescription drugs:
* Ordering online is not always as easy as it could be. You will still have to mail your prescription, or fax it, or have your doctor phone it in.
* The co-payment is usually the same if you buy online or at the local drugstore.
* Buying from foreign countries, even Canada, is illegal.
* Your local pharmacist knows you and may spot problems with medications that do not interact well together.